|Available in||Punta Cana, La Romana|
Come and enjoy the unique experience of a cultural safari visiting a typical house to sample one of the best coffees and the best organic cacao in the world. Then visit the Basilica of Our Lady of High Grace, followed by, in full Caribbean flair, a ride along the famous Chavon River on a barge to the sound of tropical music where guests can enjoy a delicious buffet of grilled lobster served on board, surrounded by a breathtaking natural landscapes that have been the backdrop of several movies such as “Rambo II“ and “Apocalypse Now”. Also visit the largest sugarcane plantations in the country, and while you’re there, you will learn about the Dominican Tobacco and see firsthand how cigars are made. As well, learn about the history of tobacco in the Dominican Republic and its long tradition of making some of the best cigars in the world.
- You will be welcomed into a typical Dominican home and served a sampling of the most exotic Caribbean fruits, freshly brewed coffee, and taste a rich cup of hot cocoa.
- Stop by Higüey Basilica, a grandiose architectural marvel
- For lunch, enjoy a boat ride down the beautiful Chavón River.
- Enjoy a scrumptious grilled lobster lunch afloat, as you sunbathe under the warm tropical sun.
- Learn more about the sugar cane and smoke a cigar in our Cigar Museum.
Important: From March 1 to June 30, we’ll serve shrimp instead of lobster since this is the lobster reproduction season (closed season).
Typical Dominican house. Water, soft drinks, beer and rum. Entrance to the Basilica of Higüey. Lunch with grilled lobster or grilled chicken breast, rice, vegetables, salad and bread. Red and white wine during lunch. Transportation by safari truck
WHAT TO WEAR AND BRING
Comfortable clothing. Camera. Extra money for tips and souvenirs. Extra money for drinks and food outside of the lunch time. Sunscreen. Bottle of water. Women’s shoulders and knees must be covered to enter the basilica
Customers who are pregnant. Those who suffer from heart conditions, disability and/or mobility problems, cannot take part in this tour